Total Produce is today one of the world’s largest and most accomplished fresh produce producers and providers. Local at heart, Global by nature, Total Produce operates out of 30 countries while serving many more. Their industry leading vertically integrated supply chain extends across the globe incorporating over 260 facilities including farms, vessels, manufacturing facilities, cold storage warehousing and packhouses.
Total Produce Northern Europe is evolving its organizational design and moving from a geographical based structure to a function-based approach where commercial leaders across the group of business will have new have responsibilities to create and implement functional strategies. This will harness the powers of the collective group rather than individual businesses and ensure sales strategies are fit for the current and future needs of their customers. As a result of this strategic development, TP NE now require a Business Development Director to lead this opportunity with a particular focus on the retail sector.
- Accountable for developing and delivering the Group Packaging Strategy, delivering measurable commercial advantage across key pillars of Consumer, Sustainability, Efficiency
- Vision for the business to move towards having significant strategic intent around packaging and transition it being viewed as an asset that can deliver tangible USP’s / differentiation towards efficiency, sustainability, consumer, customer and quality.
- Opportunity to consolidate all packaging activity and intent in the business and place responsibility to a Senior Director to formulate and deliver a clear strategy and ultimately work towards building a Packaging function to drive all future value adding activity.
- With the Group’s scale, sustainability agenda (plus consumers growing awareness in this area) and brand presence, this represents a unique and incredibly exciting opportunity to drive significant benefit across a broad range of strategic pillars.
- Highly detailed knowledge of food packaging, including technical specifications and production applications.
- Significant experience of working with packaging developers, manufacturers and end-users.
- Demonstrable ability to balance commercial objectives and technical requirements.
- Strong project management skills, including effective methodologies and processes.
- In-depth appreciation and understanding of the business’ commercial operations and approach.
- Effective meeting management and presentation skills.
- Highly emotionally intelligent with a natural ability to adjust communication and influencing styles according to the circumstances.
- Proactive, self-driven and resilient. Ability to drive positive change
- Highly collaborative and committed to building consensus and constructive participation in group-wide initiatives.
- Ability to balance being strategic, with pragmatic and practical hands on delivery.
The location for this new role is flexible, but regular travel is a requirement of this role.
For more information and confidential discussion on this exciting role, please contact George Christoudias at Eden Search & Select Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org. Total Produce Plc have exclusively retained Eden Search & Select Ltd to manage all applications for this role.