We manufacture a wide range of flours in some of the most technically advanced mills in the world, which ensures the highest level of food safety and brand protection for our customers. We have built our reputation as a world class miller and market leader by establishing close working relationships with both our suppliers and customers. We hold ourselves to uncompromised ethical and legal standards and are proud that our customers and suppliers endorse our reputation for innovation, consistency and partnership.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Director to join our team. Your role will be responsible for overseeing all purchases of wheat and the sale of wheatfeed across our operations located in Kirkcaldy, Silloth and Maldon. The role holds significant commercial responsibility in minimising risk to our business and enhancing margin opportunities. Based from our Kirkcaldy site, you will be required to work very closely with the Sales & Marketing and Operational teams across the business and as such may be required to travel other Carr’s and customer sites as required by the role.
The main duties of the role include:
- Oversee the purchase of wheat, energy and associated products required to match the commitments made by sales contracts.
- Responsibility for all purchasing of imported wheat and building strong relationships with international suppliers.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that sufficient stock levels of wheat and wheatfeed are maintained across our sites, managing balanced book of wheat purchases and wheetfeed sales within agreed
- Responsibility for purchasing strategy, working closely with our Sales & Marketing teams
- Providing concise, accurate and trusted market information which can be used by both our Sales team and customers.
- Work with the Sales team to develop the close relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Maintain and develop the data in the current system and in the future the D365 system.
- Ensure a full understanding of commodity risk and convey that across the business
- Work collaboratively with colleagues working across our Whitworths Group to manage intercompany flour trade and to ensure broad consistency and alignment.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- A strong market knowledge of commodities, both physical and futures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the confidence to present to colleagues at all levels of the business
- A good level of IT skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Self-motivation with a positive working attitude
- A strong business acumen, an excellent attention to detail and be driven by results.
- An understanding of energy markets, sea freight and import/export regulations, would be advantageous
- A full UK drivers’ licence as some travel will be required by the role.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07542 031670