We manufacture a wide range of flours in some of the most technically advanced mills in the world which ensures the highest level of food safety and brand protection for our customers. We have built our reputation as a world class miller and market leader by establishing close working relationships with our customers. We hold ourselves to uncompromised ethical and legal standards and are proud that our customers and suppliers endorse our reputation for innovation, consistency and partnership.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Director, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join our team. Your role will be responsible for day to day purchase of wheat and the sale of wheatfeed across our operations located in Kirkcaldy, Silloth and Maldon. The role holds significant commercial responsibility and must ensure that wheat purchases match our flour commitments. The role would be based at our Kirkcaldy site, with requirement to attend site both Carr’s Flour Mills and customer sites as required by the role.
The main duties of the role include:
- Responsibility for the day to day purchase of wheat and the sale of wheatfeed
- Ensuring the correct levels of wheat and wheatfeed are maintained across our 3 mill sites
- Providing concise, accurate and trusted market information, which can be used by both the Sales team and our customers
- Manage the Gluten position across each of our 3 mills/sites
- Compile daily and other specific pricing data to support other members of the Supply Chain and Operations teams in fulfilling customer requirements.
- Work with the Sales team to develop the close relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Update our Forward Cover Report, Flour Costing Tool and running costs for the Sales team
- Develop an un understanding of shipping documents and provide administration support as required
- Maintain and develop the data in the current system and in the future the D365 system
- Work collaboratively with colleagues working across our Whitworths Group operation to ensure consistency and alignment
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- A market knowledge of commodities, both physical and futures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the confidence to present to colleagues at all levels of the business
- A good level of IT skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Self-motivation with a positive working attitude
- A strong business acumen, an excellent attention to detail and be driven by results
- A full UK drivers’ licence as some travel will be required by the role
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV to email@example.com or call 07542 031670