Emerging Leaders Program
Calling all aspiring leaders in the global food supply chain working directly or indirectly with not-for-profit organisations or charities!
Are you looking for further personal leadership development and mentoring from some of the leaders in these sectors?
A new initiative, sponsored by Eden Search & Select, has been designed to help the next generation of leadership talent who work in the not-for-profit organisation or charity sector to realise their full potential and make a genuine difference to the industry we all feel so passionate about.
What’s on offer?
A ‘fund’ of up to £3,000 has been allocated to put towards one individual’s leadership development in the industry. This person will also have the opportunity for 4 x 1 hour mentoring sessions with industry sector specialists (Founders, CEOs, Senior leaders in the industry) for coaching and advice on the next phase of their careers within the 12 months following 1 May 2022.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Individuals working within a not for profit organisation / charity in agritech, fresh, protein and plant based, food manufacturing sectors in the UK or internationally.
- Individuals who can demonstrate significant experience in senior management position(s); and
- Individuals who have experienced rapid career progression and have a clear view of the external support they require to continue the trajectory into leadership/board positions.
How do you apply?
All applicants should send in their CV and a maximum 500 word summary, answering the following key questions:
- What are the challenges you would like to solve within the industry?
- What training / development would you need to achieve this?
- Why will this make a difference to you and the industry in the longer term?
All applicants are to confirm that they are supported by their company ‘sponsor’ e.g. line managers and /or HRDs when they make their application (including in respect of time out of their businesses if they are successful in the process). Successful applicant’s sponsors will have the opportunity to review and approve the mentor list at the start of the program to ensure no conflict of interest,
The deadline for applications is 23:59 on 31st January 2022. Applications to be emailed to email@example.com
What happens after the application deadline?
An independent panel, led by Richard Macdonald, will review all applications by 28th February 2022 and then shortlist 3 applicants for 30 minute interview during March 2022. The decisions of the panel are final.
After the interviews, one person will be then selected for the award and the other two shortlisted candidates will be enrolled for a standalone mentoring programme with 4 x 1hr sessions to support their industry initiatives within the 12 months following 1st May 2022.
- All applicants will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2022 to confirm that their application has been received. If you do not receive a email it is your responsibility to obtain confirmation of receipt.
- Each Application should adhere to the requirements stated above.
- All applicants will receive an email from email@example.com by 8th March 2022 to confirm whether or not they have been successful in shortlisting for interview.
- The 3 successful applicants will be contacted by phone for interview in March 2022. The interviews will either be face-to-face or on video call and will be arranged by the Emerging Leaders program team.
- Successful applicants will be notified by phone by 15thApril 2022.
- The mentoring will run from 1stMay 2022 to 30thApril 2023.
- Email contact details of the mentors will be shared with the successful applicants who will be responsible for arranging four 1 hour sessions with the mentee within the 12 month period.
- The applicant selected to receive the training fund will receive funds up to the value of £3,000 electronically within 30 days of receipt by Eden Search and Select of satisfactory proof of payment for the training identified in their application. Payment of sums from the fund is conditional upon satisfactory proof of payment being received before 30thApril 2023.
- Each successful applicant is to participate in a 30 min recorded case study interview in or around May 2023. This is to be used for future promotion of the Emerging Leaders program on appropriate channels including PR, social and digital.
- Each successful applicants is also to share their experiences of the initiative in person for 15 minutes at an industry event organised by Eden in 2023 – date to be mutually agreed.